Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Opening BLOG
      
       Since this is my first blog I will open by saying thank you to Lion's Mane (my brother Mark) for introducing me to letter boxing. Mark introduced me by taking me out on a letterbox hunt in Lafayette, Louisiana as we met there for Christmas one year. Ever since then I have always wanted to use letter boxing to get out and see new places that I probably would not have otherwise seen. As things would have it the military keeps me pretty busy and never really got real active in letter boxing. However, in May of 2009, I met my wonderful wife Heather; which also liked the concept of letter boxing and we thought it would be an awesome pastime for us to take up. Heather and I started letter boxing and found roughly 10 or so boxes in the beginning. We had a great time and saw some pretty nice and unforgettable places. Then again the demanding job as a soldier would get us off track and we would not touch letter boxing again till now. Heather and I have 3 amazing adult children and 6 awesome grandchildren, and our oldest daughter Tiffany and her boyfriend Andrew found and interest in letter boxing as well. Our youngest daughter Ariel, also likes letter boxing but only at certain times. Our son Tony and our Daughter-in-Law Lindsey, also lead the busy life as a military family and haven't had the opportunity to experience letter boxing. I would also like to introduce our grandchildren as well, our 2 oldest are our grand daughters; Maybri and Kyleigh. Our grandsons from oldest to youngest are Atlas, Truitt, Andrew, and Troy. So, as this BLOG evolves, I hope it becomes long and full of pictures as Heather and I hope to make our letter boxing adventure a FAMILY pastime!!

No comments:

Post a Comment