Saturday, March 3, 2012

"HEATHER'S DONE......"

On Wednesday, 29 Feb 12, Heather and I set out for a short letter boxing adventure in little downtown Acworth, Georgia where we live. We set out to find 2 letterboxes located at the same park named Logan Farm Park. When we drove up at the park, the sun was already making it descent behind the trees so it was starting to get dark. Heather and I got out of the car to make the quick finds. As we followed the clues, it took us around a small pond located just to the right of Heather in the picture. After making a whole .01 of a mile on the hike to the first box, Heather identifies our friend located in the picture out in front of us. She immediately says I am not going any further!! As I walked pass the snake it almost appeared to be dead as its tongue was not even flickering out of its mouth. I told Heather to stay where she was and I would find out if it was dead or not. I found a rock to throw next to it to see if it would move and when the rock landed it must of hit its tail because it came about 6" off the ground to attack that rock. Heather immediately turned and ran in the opposite direction screaming "I AM NEVER LETTER BOXING AGAIN." I not sure I ever laughed so hard in my life at the shear terror that Heather felt at that moment. That freaked her out so bad that we physically had to leave the park and end our letter boxing adventure for the night. We drove to a little pizza place had dinner and called it a night, the whole time Heather thought things were crawling on her. I Love her to death, she is so funny....... By the way we set out to find a box named CRITTERS: Funky Fresh Frog and ROCK BOX: While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

"OUR LOCAL LIBRARY TOUR"

On Thursday, 1 Mar 12, Heather and I decided to start the month off right and get out after work and go get a little exercise. So we decided to make our way to a couple of libraries located nearby our house, in which I had never been to might I add. The first box brought us to the Rose Creek Library located in Woodstock, Georgia, to a box named "Love 2 Read." After following the clues after getting out of the car it took us roughly 5 minutes to actually located the box. After logging in our fine we replaced the box and headed back to the car to make and attempt at the second box even though the sun was going down rapidly. The drive from the first to the second box was only
about 10 minutes until we arrived the Woodstock Public Library. As we pulled into the library parking lot we noticed they where voters pulling in to cast their ballots for a local election going on. Immediately we knew we were going to have to be discreet in locating the box and pulling it from its resting place. Thankfully the cover of darkness was upon us and it did shield us somewhat from the people going in and out of the parking lot. In our attempt to find the box my flashlight on my phone finally became handy as the box was located under a bridge. Nevertheless, Heather and I located the box, stamped their log book and our, replaced the box and headed back to the car. The box name was "Leaping Lizard."  All in all it was another special evening with my amazing wife as she always seems to do whatever makes me happy, whether she wants to or not. I Love You Heather!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment